This blog was created to help those wanting to make best use of their WGR614 WiFi Router. The configurations that I mention below works with BSNL and Airtel connections (India). However, it can certainly work well with any PPPoE based ADSL connections.

Amazon links to items if you plan to buy them

Search the site

Google
 

Friday, January 18, 2008

Lan Setup

Screenshot

Setting up your LAN is the next important thing. This screen lets you setup the IP address of your Router. In my setup, I set the modem(ADSL) to use the WGR's DHCP to obtain its IP Address. Hence it was quite obvious that I always wanted to keep static (internal) IP for the router. I have also reserved a few IPs for my desktop/laptop etc, so that when I do port forwarding, I always forward to the device of my choice. The laptop/desktop always does DHCP and obtains the same IP because of address reservation. Remember to apply your settings if you change something here.

No comments: